Pasta bakes are the perfect comfort food to get you through winter. Ready in less than hour, they are also the perfect dish for busy families!
Turkey Pasta Bake
January 12, 2015
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 c yellow onion, chopped
- 4 gloves garlic, finely chopped
- 16 oz noodles, cooked
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 24 oz spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 c dry red wine
- 6 oz parmesan cheese, shredded
- 6 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 c breadcrumbs - Italian Style
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown meat over medium heat with onion and garlic.
- Drain the meat and mix with cooked noodles, spaghetti sauce, ricotta cheese, and dry red wine in a large bowl.
- Place in a 13X9-inch baking dish that has been lightly coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining cheeses and breadcrumbs.
- Cook 18-20 minutes until cheese is golden brown.
Substitutions and Tips
- We used pinot noir as our dry red wine for this recipe and served the remaining wine with dinner.
- Substitute Italian sausage for ground turkey in this recipe if you like spicy dishes.
Yields 6 servings