I would just like to say that Miss Crocker or is it Mrs. Crocker, still can run a good kitchen. Her chocolate mousse recipe is quick, easy, beyond delicious, and serves quite a group. It's easy enough to double the recipe if you are hosting a very large group. I have served this same recipe for two different parties and it has been a hit each and every time. Pair it with a nice red port and you will not be disappointed and either will your guests.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping (heavy) cream
- 1 package (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups whipping (heavy) cream
- Beat egg yolks in small bowl with electric mixer on high speed about 3 minutes or until thick and lemon colored. Gradually beat in sugar.
- Heat 1 cup whipping cream in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until hot. Gradually stir at least half of the hot whipping cream into egg yolk mixture; stir back into hot cream in saucepan. Cook over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens (do not boil). Stir in chocolate chips until melted. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours, stirring occasionally, just until chilled.
- Beat 1 1/2 cups whipping cream in chilled medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff. Fold chocolate mixture into whipped cream. Pipe or spoon mixture into serving bowls. Immediately refrigerate any remaining dessert after serving.