This quick and easy pizza recipe pairs well with a Zinfandel or Malbec and will warm you up on a cold day. Try to find a sauce that isn't too sweet to compliment the sourness of the goat cheese and slight spiciness of the purple onion. We were lazy and bought our crust but will have a great recipe posted for flatbread pizza crust soon - we just need the weather to warm up to give us some motivation!
BBQ Chicken Pizza
- 1 thin pizza crust, Archer Farms Fire Roasted
- 1/2 c BBQ sauce, Famous Dave's Rich & Sassy
- 1/2 c Purple Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large oven-roasted chicken breast, shredded
- 3 oz goat cheese
Thinly spread the pizza sauce over the pizza crust with a spoon. Add sliced onions, shredded chicken, and goat cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
Substitutions and Tips
- We buy a whole rotisserie chicken to use when making flatbreads and usually have enough to make 4 pizzas.
- Try normal pizza sauce instead of the barbecue sauce, we like Muir Glen Organic Pizza Sauce sold at most Target stores.